Sunday, September 02, 2012

Missed One

So I missed a day posting, not really sure how I feel about that. I've been doing so well keeping to my own self imposed schedule of making a post a day. Life happens I suppose. Oh well, them's the breaks I suppose, I can only do my best. It just happens that life got in the way and I couldn't make the post. But that's not what I was going to talk about, so onward we go.




What is it with drivers in this city? Why can no one drive the speed limit? Now I don't mean during times when conditions are less than ideal, I don't mean in the pouring rain or a snowstorm, or even when the roads are wet. I understand and practice safe driving habits myself, but under ideal conditions, when the pavement is dry and the traffic is light and the visibility is perfect, if you aren't willing to drive the posted speed limit, get the hell off the road. You shouldn't be driving.

When the limit is 50kph, go 50kph. When it's 70kph, go 70kph. It's not an unreasonable expectation, yet there are drivers constantly doing 40kph or less in a 70 zone and sometimes as low as 20. This isn't safe for anyone on the road, it's not safe for the slow driver, it's not safe for the other cars on the road. It's also irritating as hell.

Now now I've been known to speed from time to time, it's a known fact that in this province you can get away with ten over the limit, but that's the extent of my speeding. But speed isn't the issue, it's lack of speed and it's just as dangerous. It causes bottlenecks, it causes propel driving the limits to have to break when approaching, providing they see the slow driver, they could come around a corner and not have time or distance to do so. That could lead to an accident that could have been avoided if the other car was going the posted limit and not 20kph slower in the case of a 70kph zone.

Mini rant, but that's it

Later

Steve

No comments: