Wednesday, October 17, 2012

NaNoWriMo Madness begins

So it's almost time for NaNoWriMo to start. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's a project for National Novel Writing Month that starts on November 1st. The concept is simple, it's a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing on November 1. The goal is to write a 50,000-word (approximately 175-page) novel by 11:59:59 PM on November 30.
I've been meaning to enter and try this for at least 3 years now but I keep forgetting it and that it's started until about 10 days into November.  Strange that I can't remember when it starts since my birthday is November 9th, so I'm all about remembering November.

14 days to go until the start.

I've got an idea in mind of what to do, as I've posted before, I've been working on a novel for the last few years and I'm going to pick that up from where I am and plow through to the end. Or at least try to. That's the plan, finish my novel and come up with a better title than; Bullets, Blood & The Apocalypse.

I've got to dedicate myself to adding something to the story every day in November and make it to the 50,000 word count mark. We all know how well I've done at writing every day, if this blog is any indication :P

Well I started strong, I just haven't had much to write about lately, I said at the start that this wasn't going to be a journal of everyday things and I've done pretty good at that so far. Think I'll start making jot notes throughout my day when a quirky idea hits that could turn into a blog entry The problem with most bloggable ideas is that I'm not always in a position to make an entry as soon as I get an idea and then it gets lost to the ether because I don't. New plan it is, I'll see how that goes.

I'd say that I'd post my daily progress in NaNoWriMo here but there's no real point, they track my progress for me as I go so I'd be making double entries. Hopefully at the end, I'll be able to chop through and edit and come out with my finished story and make my publisher very happy.

I suppose I should link my NaNoWriMo profile, that might help if I have any readers left who want to follow along with me in this torture... I mean fun and fantastic task. So here it is;

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/stylinsteve

Can't wait to start in on this :-)

Later

Steve

No comments: