Monday, March 31, 2014

Quest for $10,000 part 11

Contestant's Log, Stardate; -308755.59

Here it is, the penultimate post. T minus 9 hours and change until we find out who (me) wins Ten Thousand Dollars! We also find out how the hell they're gonna determine who wins (me again) while the rest leave empty handed (not me).
Those of us in the contest also get to take comfort in the fact that we no longer have to wear just the one coloured shirt all day, every day. I'm not saying it's been easy, it's strange driving in the car and wondering what the green glow is, only to realize it's the sun (we've had a few sunny days, stop laughing) reflecting off the shirt.

It's gonna be weird leaving the shirt behind in a way. I've gotten used to it now, it's almost like an old friend in a strange, comforting way. I won't see it in the mirror constantly, or wake up feeling snug and warm cause I'm wearing it. Granted it will make showering infinitely easier not to mention drying off after. Standing in front of a fan waiting to blow dry hasn't been fun let me tell you. Then there was that fight to get a hoodie and a coat under the shirt, thanks again to those Shamballa Masters for teaching me those mystical contortion techniques, I couldn't have done it without you.

Win or lose (read: win) this has been a fun experience and I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again. I still wish I'd met those elusive TShirt Police a some point in the contest, but given my tweets and blog posts, I'm sure they know I've been trapped in this green prison... I mean, faithfully maintaining my entry in the contest.

Word is the weather is going to get dicey today, right around the time of the finale. I'd like to offer the following advice to my fellow contestants; Stay home and stay safe. Don't take any unnecessary chances on the roads today, there's no need to put yourselves in any danger. Take it easy, sleep late, enjoy the snow day. Shovel or snow blow to keep that driveway clear but really, don't risk your safety on the roads. It'll be ok, really, it's just a contest, it'll work out for the best (I'll win) even if you don't show up.

I'm kidding of course, I don't expect anyone to stay home from this, though I wish you would. Looking forward to seeing all the contestants this afternoon and seeing who (me) wins.

I'll be making my final post after the finale with pictures and maybe even some video if possible.

Later

- Stylin' Steve

No comments: